Sunday 4 October 2015

Food Wars! Shokugeki no soma 04

Konnichiwa! readers,

I hope you are all well, as promised here is my post for the week since i have revamped my scoring system and researching how I can write better reviews for you.

We continue with Food Wars! Shokugeki no soma 04 - The Madonna of the Polar Star
Check out the previous reviews to catch up on the show, be warned of spoilers in previous reviews.

Warning: It is definitely not a good idea to watch this show whilst hungry  







The opening theme is catchy and sets the mood of the show for you. Definitely  makes you hungry already.

Last time we left Soma at the entrance exam to Toutski Academy as his father has gone traveling.



Now he's in Soma arrives at the Polar Star dormitory with high expectations considering the rest of the campus, only to find it a creepy, run-down place. He is told by dorm master Daimido Fumio, that if he wishes to sleep in a bed her must impress her with his cooking. Bon Appetit!


The story line is still in early stages here but it is very original in my opinion as I haven't seen any other cooking anime's, if there are some please let me know. It is slowly building  on the characters and it does a great job in bringing out their personalities and emotions, you can easily tell what each character is like. The animation is really bright, vivid and kira kira. Especially in scenes of people tasting food and going into an almost foodgasm like state, it gives a good sense of what the food would actually taste like.



The ending theme I think is more catchy than the opening, whether this is because it has a female singer instead of a groggy male who knows but that's just my opinion. Also why everyone needs to be naked I don't know but you get what you get.

Overall so far I would rate Food Wars! 7 out of 10.




Until Next time.... Keep Kawaii ^-^

2 comments:

  1. Good episodic review!!. I also like your new scoring system, pretty cute : D. As you post more you'll find your groove :). And I've spotted something different already ;).

    An ice breaker here. My current blog inthecubbyhole, isn't my first. I ran another blog for a year and a half - I've discontinued it now, not deleted though. And before that, another one - it was my first ever blog and I did nothing with it for a very long time. Eventually, I decided on anime. That blog didn't last long - I deleted that blog.
    To be honest, each one (prior to inthecubby) was a mess. I wasn't sure or knew what style I wanted. Eventually I found the style. Took that style over to inthecubbyhole.

    I've had an account, NOT blog. On wordpress for over 6 years. I blogged on it on-off. Not really sure what I wanted to blog about. It took me a long time to realise what I wanted to blog on. I've been on several blogging platforms; blog spot, live journal, tumblr. Never happy or settling on anything. I've tried gaming blog, heck even TV review blog, and even life blog. But I did find something I settled on. Anime reviewing. For me, it was a long learning curve. As you start out in the world of blogging, it can be daunting. As icy said in her blog post. It can take a while to settle and find your feet. But don't give up.

    You're already aware of this, but stick your site link everywhere. Join some anime community on face book or google plus (I've joined 3 xDD). Anime forum sites, MAL, Anime-planet, Crunchyroll. I do this, pretty much every blogger does this in fact. Keep it up Classic!! : D.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Rocco!

      Thanks so much for all your help I don't think i would have gt this far without you, Keep up your good work too.

      Delete